Intra Gastric Balloon in Punjab, India, Jalandhar
Intra Gastric Balloon
An intragastric balloon procedure can be adopted when a person is overweight or obese and diet & exercise has not worked for him.
In this procedure a saline-filled silicone balloon is inserted into the stomach, which helps in limiting the quantity of food one eats. When inserted a person feels fuller with less food intake also.
Instragastric balloon procedure also requires permanent commitment to maintain a healthy life. A person needs to make healthy changes to his daily diet plans. Regular exercise also helps in long lasting success in maintaining weight.
Benefits of Intragastric balloon procedure?
It lowers risk of weight-related health challenges such as:
- - Heart disease
- - Stroke
- - High blood pressure
- - Sleep Apnea
- - Type-II diabetes
Who can go for Intragastric balloon procedure?
Instragastric balloon can be used
- - if your body mass index is between 30 to 40.
- - if you commit to maintain healthy lifestyle.
- - if you agree regular medical follow-up.
- - if you have not undergone any previous stomach or esophageal surgery.
Note : Intragastric balloon is not for everyone who is obese. You have to consult an experienced bariatric surgeon to check if this procedure is beneficial for you.
How is this procedure performed?
- Intragastric balloon procedure is performed with an endoscope.
- The procedure is completed within half an hour. You can go home the same day.
- After few hours small amounts of liquid can be taken. In the second week you can start eating soft foods.
- Regular food can be taken in three weeks after the insertion of intragastric balloon.
- 10 to 15 percent of body weight can be reduced in six months after the procedure.