Once you undergo bariatric surgery, there are a lot of diet modifications you need to follow to get the best results. The dietary guidelines are usually provided to you through the medical care center or the hospital where you have undergone the procedure.
After you undergo Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery with us, we ensure that a proper diet chart is made and customized as per your individual body type. The entire focus in it remains on restricting the number of calorie intake and at the same time ensuring that a balanced diet with proper nutrients are consumed by you so that there is no deficiency and also focusing on your muscle tissue.
There are multitude of patients who find it a challenge to cope up with the diet charts provided to them, but slowly it becomes a part of their daily routine so much so they don’t even realize it. Thus, eating healthy becomes an unconscious habit which we try to inculcate in your day-to-day life.
Diet is the most vital factor after your Bariatric Surgery. Perhaps this is the reason why we have a dedicated dietician to take care of your diet which usually undergoes changes and have various stages every week post-surgery. We would go slow and try not to scare you all at once so here are few general guidelines to follow once you are done with your bariatric procedure.
Basics to follow:
- Eating small and frequent portions is the key to maintain your weight.
- Eat balanced meals with proper nutrition .
- Consume low calorie diet, go less on fats and sweets.
- Have a daily food diary: this will help you record you calorie and protein intake.
- Chew your food well and eat slowly.
- Initially post-surgery, ideally low calorie diet per day is required with thin and thick liquid intake
- Water plays an important role, as you must keep your body well hydrated.
PS: These are just general instructions; we recommend that you follow a proper diet chart after consultation from your medical practitioner.
Call at: +91 8283 0000 10 or +91 98140 70870