What can I eat, what will I be allowed to have after my surgery, how soon can I get back to my regular eating habits, when can I have my favourite dessert? Among the multiple fears crossing your mind, the top most among them will be what can be the possible dietary changes you need to bring into your daily routine after bariatric surgery. Being one of the best bariatric surgery centre in India, we can take you through the big time No you need to avoid in your diet after undergoing MGB Surgery (Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery in India) or anywhere else.
- Smoking is highly discouraged as it can be quite unhealthy for the body.
- Usage of alcohol is condemned for the best results after bariatric surgery as alcohol is high in calories. Moreover, after surgery, alcohol is absorbed into the system much more quickly thus giving a sedative and mood-altering effect.
- Avoid the use of straws and drinking carbonated beverages or chew ice. These things can introduce air into the pouch and cause discomfort due to bloating.
- Fast food is the worst choice to make after bariatric surgery so avoid that under all situations instead make healthy eating choices.
- Avoid long intervals between meals and instead focus on small frequent meals.
- It's a strict no to high carb diet.
- Forget about lazing around or long sleep hours, an active lifestyle will support your recovery and weight loss in a better manner.
- For the first two months following surgery, your calorie intake should be between 300 and 600 calories a day. Here at the best bariatric surgery center in India, we can ensure this with proper guidance through a well qualified and bariatric expert dietician.
Call at: +91 8283 0000 10 or +91 98140 70870