Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty
Jammu Hospital Jalandhar
Punjab’s First Centre of Excellence & NABH Accredited BARIATRIC SURGERY Center
Jammu Hospital Jalandhar
North India’s First Center To Start Comprehensive Non-Surgical Endoscopic Method Of Weight Loss
Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG) is a established non-surgical, endoscopic bariatric & metabolic procedure.
It is done as day care with the help of double lumen video endoscope inserted through the mouth into the stomach, thereby removing all chances of scars and cuts on the body.
The fundamental of this procedure is that the stomach size is reduced considerably so as to decrease one’s appetite and hunger inducing hormones, thereby allowing one to eat according to the actual need of the body.
- It is a promising procedure for weight loss patients, who are scared of invasive bariatric surgical procedures.
- It is also useful for those who are cosmetically more conscious for their bodies.
- It is also best suited for patients who are medically unfit to undergo surgical bariatric & metabolic procedure.
- It reduces the risk of surgical complications.
For more information or Book an Appointment.
Call : +91 8283 0000 10
Improved Health & Fitness
Reduces weight, Improvement in Type-2 Diabetes, Joint Pains, High Cholesterol, Hypertension & Sleep Apnea.
Hospital Stay & Recovery
It is a Day care procedure. Back to normal in 2 days.
Easily revisable to normal & other bariatric procedures.
No external scars & cuts on one’s body.
Who can take help of Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG)?
If you have tried all methods to lose weight including diet control, exercise, weight control medication and have failed and you have Body Mass Index (BMI) of 27.5 or above, you may be candidate for Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty.
What results can I expect?
Studies show that patients may lose more than 50% of excess body weight within a year after the Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty procedure.
Why Dr. GS Jammu ?
Dr. Gurvinder Singh Jammu
Director and Head, Department of Surgery
Dr. GS Jammu is the leading bariatric surgeon in Jalandhar Punjab India. He is honoured by Master Surgeon Award in the field of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation, USA. He is running Jammu Hospital in Jalandhar Punjab which is accredited with highest National & International Accreditations: COE (Center of Excellence by Obesity Surgery Society of India), NABH (National Accreditation Board of Hospitals and Healthcare Providers) & IEF (International Excellence Federation for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery). His center is performing the highest number of successful bariatric/weight loss/mini gastric bypass procedures in India.
Dr. GS Jammu has to his credit more than 20,000 Laparoscopic Surgeries and 6500 successful bariatric surgeries which include Mini Gastric Bypass, Roux-n-Y Gastric Bypass, and Sleeve Gastrectomy.
- Doing bariatric surgery since 2007.
- Training in upper GI Endoscopy ERCP, Colonoscopy under Dr. Nageshwar Reddy at
- Medinova Asian Institute of Gastroenterology, Hyderabad.
- Training in Onco Surgery under Dr. G.V. Road at Vivekananda Hospital, Hyderabad.
- Training in MGB by Dr. Robert Rutledge.
- Trained for Gastric Bypass in Frankfort (Germany) by Dr. Weinner.
- Director of most prestigious MGB / OAGB International Club.
- Done 4000 successful bariatric surgeries which include Mini Gastric Bypass, Roux-n-Y Gastric Bypass, and Sleeve Gastrectomy.
Achievements & Awards
- Dr. GS Jammu is certified as “MASTER SURGEON” in Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation, USA.
- Recipient of Chief Minister’s Award 2016 for Surgeon of Excellence in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery.
- Recipient of Chief Minister’s Award 2013 for Surgeon of Excellence.
- Dr. GS Jammu has participated, chaired and conducted CMES’ in Bariatric Surgery, Nationally, and Internationally.
- Course Instructor in MGB at Montreal IFSO 2014.
- Course Instructor in MGB at Austria IFSO 2015.
- Course Instructor in MGB in forthcoming IFSO World Conference at Rio Brazil 2016.
- Secretary Association of Surgeons of Jalandhar.
- Lala Jagat Narayan Awards – 2001.
- Awarded Lion Club Awards – 2004.
- Treasurer of Associations of Surgeon of Jalandhar.
- Dr. GS Jammu has authored many international publications amongst which, his landmark study published in ‘Obesity Surgery’ (High Impact Obesity Surgery Journal) has been honored as one of the top ten articles of the year 2015 according to the survey by British Newspaper “Bariatric News”.
- Dr. GS Jammu is the founder executive director of MGB/OAGB International Club (Austria 2015).
- Dr. GS Jammu is a national & international faculty and is a teacher for mini gastric bypass surgery in India, Austria, Montreal, London & Italy.
- Dr. GS Jammu is the author of a chapter in a book on mini gastric bypass surgery.
- Dr. GS Jammu is a teaching faculty for Johnson & Johnson and Covedian.
Why Jammu Hospital ?
Dr. Gurvinder Singh Jammu opened Jammu Hospital in 2004, where he practiced most advanced surgeries. Jammu Hospital started as 10 bedded hospital in 2000 at an old building but with increasing popularity and good outcome prompted to shift the hospital in a new building with 43 beds. Jammu Hospital became a Multi Super Specialty Hospital, serving patients with multiple specialties.
Jammu Hospital is now famous as a leading Bariatric Surgery Center in India. Where Dr. GS Jammu has operated more than 4000 successful bariatric surgeries.
Jammu Hospital is accredited with highest National & International Accreditations: NABH (National Accreditation Board of Hospitals and Healthcare Providers) & IEF (International Excellence Federation for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery). This center is performing the highest number of successful bariatric/weight loss/mini gastric bypass procedures in India.
Jammu Hospital Jalandhar is the only non-corporate hospital in India to have three fully integrated OR1 (Karl Storz Germany) Operating Rooms. Thus, making the operating rooms world-class, infection-free, non-obstructive workflow & live streaming ready.
World-class care at Jammu Hospital- Jalandhar (Punjab)
With the adoption of the latest technologies, techniques, and world-class medical expertise, Jammu hospital at Jalandhar, Punjab offers healthcare services comparable with the finest in the world with outcomes that are at par with the best. The value for money services is delivered in a patient-friendly setting with tender loving care.