Bariatric Surgery / Weight Loss Surgery
Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery / One Anastomosis Gastric Bypass
Punjab First Centre of Excellence & NABH Accredited BARIATRIC SURGERY Center
What is Mini Gastric Bypass / One Anastomosis Gastric Bypass?
Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery / One Anastomosis Gastric Bypass is being performed in Jammu Hospital Jalandhar since 2007. The first certified Centre of Excellence for bariatric and metabolic surgery by Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI) in Punjab.
MGB/OAGB is a combination of restriction and malabsorption. In this surgery, we remove both the major reasons for obesity which are, overeating & over absorption (means people who are eating less but still gaining weight due to the inherent increased absorption of food probably due to genetic or unknown reasons).
The first part of the surgery is restricting your food intake according to your body requirements, height & age by reducing the size of your stomach so that the calorie intake is enough for maintaining your needs and at the same time cutting down your extra calorie intake.
The second part of the surgery consists of decreasing or optimizing food absorption. It is done by bypassing the duodenum and some part of jejunum so that the over absorption of food is down-regulated to optimized absorption.
The bypassed stomach, duodenum, and proximal jejunum are lying inside the body with their complete blood supply. Though they are not the parts of the food intake system now their juices and secretions help in the digestion of food in the common channel (the part of intestine beyond the bypassed segment).
Thus, restricting the food intake and restricting the absorption will help in calorie loss and resulting in excess weight loss.
The best part of Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery / One Anastomosis Gastric Bypass [MGB/OAGB] is that it is a reversible procedure, which can be done if medically required. And also the bypass length can be tailored in MGB/OAGB which is not possible in other procedures.
Comparative studies of MGB/OAGB with other procedures like lap band, sleeve gastrectomy, roux-en-y gastric bypass has shown superior results of MGB in terms of weight loss, remission of comorbidities like type-II diabetes mellitus, dyslipidemia, snoring and hypertension, etc.
At the same time, MGB/OAGB warrants us to take a dose of multivitamin/calcium/iron regularly, so as to avoid their deficiencies. A high protein diet is also mandatory.
Formula to Calculate BMI
BMI = Weight (in kg)/Height (in m2)
For more information or Book an Appointment.
Call : +91 8283 0000 10
BARIATRIC SURGERY RESULTS
Before & After Surgery
Visit our Bariatric Surgery Youtube Channel for LIVE Testimonials
Why do we prefer Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery over other procedures
What is diet after Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery ?
Do Not worry about Diet after Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB) Surgery.
DAY OF SURGERY :
• You can have light breakfast in the morning like a cup of tea with biscuits.
• After 6 hours of fasting, you are taken for surgery.
• After 6 hours of surgery, you can again start taking clear liquids.
12 HOURS AFTER SURGERY :
You can start having clear liquids like :
• Water • Coconut Water • Lemon Water • Weak Tea
• Daal Water • Fat-Free Milk • Clear Juices • Clear Soups
24 HOURS AFTER SURGERY :
You can start having :
• Thick Liquids and Soft Diet in the form of Soup (with Mashed Chicken and Mashed Vegetables)
• Lassi • Daal • Curd • Custard
• Soya Milk • Oats • Corn Flakes
• Thin Dalia and Khichri for one week until sutures are removed.
1 WEEK AFTER SURGERY :
You can start eating Normal Diet which is high in Protein and Fiber like :
• Whole Cereals • Pulses • Whole Fruits • Green Leafy Vegetables
• Soya Bean and its products • Chicken • Fish • Egg (only white part)
• Soaked Almonds • Walnuts • Milk and Milk Products
• Sprouts • Peanut Butter • Tofu • Cottage • Cheese etc.
EATING BEHAVIOURS FOR SUCCESS :
• Eat slowly and be aware of when you feel full.
• Chew, Chew, Chew!
• Avoid drinking fluids 30 minutes before and with your meals.
• Drink enough fluid between meals to meet your fluid requirements.
• Avoid food and beverages high in sugar.
• Avoid food high in fat and have no nutritional value.
• Learn proper eating habits that will promote weight loss while maintaining health at a reduced weight.
• Consume an adequate amount of protein to minimize the loss of lean body mass and facilitate healing.
• Take adequate amounts of fluid to maintain hydration.
• Obtain adequate nutrients for optimal health through vitamin and mineral supplementation.
• Smoking after surgery can be harmful.
Why Dr. GS Jammu ?
Dr. Gurvinder Singh Jammu
Director and Head, Department of Surgery
Dr. GS Jammu is the leading bariatric surgeon in Jalandhar Punjab India. He is honoured by Master Surgeon Award in the field of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation, USA.
He is running Jammu Hospital in Jalandhar Punjab which is accredited with highest National & International Accreditations: COE (Center of Excellence by Obesity Surgery Society of India), NABH (National Accreditation Board of Hospitals and Healthcare Providers) & IEF (International Excellence Federation for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery).
His center is performing the highest number of successful bariatric/weight loss/mini gastric bypass procedures in India.
Dr. GS Jammu has to his credit more than 20,000 Laparoscopic Surgeries and 6500 successful bariatric surgeries which include Mini Gastric Bypass, Roux-n-Y Gastric Bypass, and Sleeve Gastrectomy.
Why Jammu Hospital ?
Dr. Gurvinder Singh Jammu opened Jammu Hospital in 2004, where he practiced most advanced surgeries. Jammu Hospital started as 10 bedded hospital in 2000 at an old building but with increasing popularity and good outcome prompted to shift the hospital in a new building with 43 beds.
Jammu Hospital became a Multi Super Specialty Hospital, serving patients with multiple specialties.
Jammu Hospital is now famous as a leading Bariatric Surgery Center in India. Where Dr. GS Jammu has operated more than 4000 successful bariatric surgeries.
Jammu Hospital is accredited with highest National & International Accreditations: NABH (National Accreditation Board of Hospitals and Healthcare Providers) & IEF (International Excellence Federation for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery).
This center is performing the highest number of successful bariatric/weight loss/mini gastric bypass procedures in India.
Jammu Hospital Jalandhar is the only non-corporate hospital in India to have three fully integrated OR1 (Karl Storz Germany) Operating Rooms.
Thus, making the operating rooms world-class, infection-free, non-obstructive workflow & live streaming ready.
World-class care at Jammu Hospital- Jalandhar (Punjab)
With the adoption of the latest technologies, techniques, and world-class medical expertise, Jammu hospital at Jalandhar, Punjab offers healthcare services comparable with the finest in the world with outcomes that are at par with the best. The value for money services is delivered in a patient-friendly setting with tender loving care.