Dr GS Jammu’s journey to Bariatric Surgery as a bariatric Surgeon in Punjab
Dr. GS Jammu is a bariatric surgeon in Punjab who has specialized in helping people with obesity to manage their weight and health. He is the best bariatric surgeon in Punjab, and his patients are so happy and with the results that they self recommend Dr GS Jammu to their friends and relatives who are in need of obesity surgery. Obese patients from around the globe reach all the way to Punjab for their bariatric surgery at Jammu Hospital Jalandhar.
Dr GS Jammu upon completing his under graduate and post graduate degrees from DMC Ludhiana (1995), started his career as a consultant laparoscopic surgeon. He soon arose to the position of the Head of Department of Surgery in one of the biggest hospitals of Jalandhar ie. Guru Nanak Mission Hospital.
His firm belief in continuous self improvement has earned him the award of Master Surgeon by SRC USA, and his hospital was the first center to be recognised as Center of Excellence by OSSI in the year 2018 in Punjab. He is a Life member of various organizations such as OSSI (Since-2011), IFSO and ASMBS.
He specializes in bariatric surgery, which means he performs surgeries on people who have had difficulty losing weight due to obesity or another condition like diabetes or heart disease that causes them not to be able to exercise properly or eat properly because of illness or injury.
His patients say that Dr. Jammu’s expertise is what sets him apart from other surgeons: “My bariatric surgery was done by Dr GS Jammu and I am successfully leading a healthy life for six years now,” says one patient, “and I am very happy with my progress of losing weight, which otherwise I couldn’t lose with diet and exercise.”
Click on pic to Zoom Image
Skills of Dr GS Jammu
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
- Banded Bariatric Surgery procedures
- SILS Bariatric Surgery.
- Revision & Redo Bariatric Surgeries
- Endoscopic Bariatric Surgery
- Intra Gastric Balloon
- Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty
- Swallow Pill Gastric Balloon
Dr GS Jammu's Journey to Bariatric Surgery
- After founding of Jammu Hospital, he began performing bariatric surgeries in 2007. His hospital is now a high volume bariatric surgery center with an annual bariatric surgical load of 300+ cases.
- He has to his credit more than 6500+ successful bariatric surgeries which include Roux-n-Y Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy, Mini Gastric Bypass & Revision surgeries.
- He is an Editorial Board Member in Journal of Bariatric Surgery (JBS) by OSSI (2021).
- He is one of the founding members & director of the prestigious MGB/OAGB International Club (Austria 2015).
- Have presented as faculty at numerous national and international conferences.
- He has been a course director for MGB/OAGB in Montreal 2014, Vienna 2015, London 2016 (MGBCON), Naples 2017, Valladolid Spain 2018 & Cologne Germany 2019.
- He is amongst the 50 members of the International consensus forming committee on MGB/OAGB (Hamburg 2019).
Skill Transfer & Knowledge Sharing
He has helped more than 100 surgeons train in MGB/OAGB at my own center in Jammu Hospital Jalandhar. He has conducted Live Operative Workshops & Seminars on Bariatric Surgery in various medical colleges across the country. He conducts regular seminars and Live Operative Workshops for bariatric surgeons at his center.
Activities & Interests
- Endurance athletics and Triathlete
- Pet lover