Table of Contents
Best Bariatric Surgeon in Punjab - Dr GS Jammu
Dr. GS Jammu is the Best Bariatric Surgeon in Punjab. He is honoured by Master Surgeon Award in the field of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation, USA. He has experience of 15 years and 6500+ Bariatric Surgeries which include Mini Gastric Bypass, Roux-n-Y Gastric Bypass, and Sleeve Gastrectomy.
Education & Academic Qualifications
1991: Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBBS), D.M.C. & Hospital, Ludhiana, Punjab University, Chandigarh
1994: Master of Surgery (M.S.), D.M.C. & Hospital, Ludhiana, Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Dr. GS Jammu has authored many international publications amongst which, his landmark study published in ‘Obesity Surgery’ (High Impact Obesity Surgery Journal) has been honored as one of the top ten articles of the year 2015 according to the survey by British Newspaper “Bariatric News”.
- Dr. GS Jammu is the founder executive director of MGB/OAGB International Club (Austria 2015).
- Dr. GS Jammu is a national & international faculty and is a teacher for mini gastric bypass surgery in India, Austria, Montreal, London & Italy.
- Dr. GS Jammu is the author of a chapter in a book on mini gastric bypass surgery.
- Dr. GS Jammu is a teaching faculty for Johnson & Johnson and Covedian.
1995-1996: Consultant Laparoscopic and General Surgeon, Jalandhar.
1997-1999: Consultant Laparoscopic and General Surgeon in Guru Nanak Mission Hospital, Jalandhar (Largest Hospital in the City).
2000-2003: Chief of Surgery in Guru Nanak Mission Hospital, Jalandhar.
2004 till date: Director and Chief of Surgery in Jammu Hospital, Jalandhar.
- Started Laparoscopic Surgery in 1995. (27 Years Experience)
- Have performed more than 50,000 Laparoscopic Surgeries.
- Doing bariatric surgery since 2007. (15 Years Experience)
- Have performed more than 6500 Bariatric Surgeries which include which include Mini Gastric Bypass, Roux-n-Y Gastric Bypass, and Sleeve Gastrectomy. This makes him the Best Bariatric Surgeon in Punjab.
- Doing Advance Laparoscopic Surgeries (Laparoscopic Hernias, Laparoscopic GI Surgery, Laparoscopic Urology & Laparoscopic Gynaecology).
- Training in upper GI Endoscopy ERCP, Colonoscopy under Dr. Nageshwar Reddy at Medinova Asian Institute of Gastroenterology, Hyderabad.
- Training in Onco Surgery under Dr. G.V. Road at Vivekananda Hospital, Hyderabad.
- Training in MGB by Dr. Robert Rutledge.
- Trained for Gastric Bypass in Frankfort (Germany) by Dr. Weinner.
Achievements & Awards
- Dr. GS Jammu is certified as “MASTER SURGEON” in Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation, USA.
- Recipient of Chief Minister’s Award 2016 for Surgeon of Excellence in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery.
- Recipient of Chief Minister’s Award 2013 for Surgeon of Excellence.
- Dr. GS Jammu has participated, chaired and conducted CMES’ in Bariatric Surgery, Nationally, and Internationally.
- Course Instructor in MGB at Montreal IFSO 2014.
- Course Instructor in MGB at Austria IFSO 2015.
- Course Instructor in MGB in IFSO World Conference at Rio Brazil 2016.
- Secretary Association of Surgeons of Jalandhar.
- Lala Jagat Narayan Awards – 2001.
- Awarded Lion Club Awards – 2004.
- Treasurer of Associations of Surgeon of Jalandhar.
Bariatric Surgery Presentations
- A 7-Year clinical audit of 1107 cases comparing Sleeve Gastrectomy, Roun-n-Y Gastric Bypass, and Mini Gastric Bypass to determine an effective and safe bariatric & metabolic procedure.
- An eight-year experience with 189 Type-2 diabetic patients after Mini Gastric Bypass.
- Crural repair mandatory in Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy at ASBMS TEXAS (USA).
- MGB supersedes RNY & LSG as bariatric & metabolic procedure.
- Bariatric Surgery twilight to light at Kochi ASI.
- Authored various papers on bariatric surgery and amongst which the most appreciated worldwide is his audit on different types of bariatric surgeries.
Workshops & Conferences
- Live Operative Workshop on Bariatric Surgery at Jammu Hospital Jalandhar, 2014.
- Live Operative Workshop on Bariatric Surgery at Jammu Hospital Jalandhar attended by doctors from 7 countries, 2015.
- Live Operative Workshop on Bariatric Surgery at Jammu Hospital Jalandhar, NATCON-2016.