Finally, after the procedure you are out of the best bariatric surgery centre in India and now you need to be even more careful about what you eat since you are not under the specialists' care anymore. Post weight-loss surgery intake of protein is highly compromised due to reduced gastric capacity and very few patients are able to take the recommended 60-80 gram of protein per day, but your doctor can tell you exactly about your individual needs.
Protein is the building blocks of all our muscles and organs. After surgery, protein maintains and builds muscle mass that is cruicial for weight loss. Since you are on low calorie iet, your body will break down muscle mass instead of intended fat to compensate for the loss. So, having protein in your diet is essential.
Protein also helps in the healing process and leaves you with healthier skin, nails, hair and better immune system. Moreover, protein keeps you fuller for longer periods of time, so you will find yourself less hungry between meals. So, we bring you a list of foods from the team of doctors at the best bariatric surgery centre in India to heal fast and better post-surgery
Foods to opt for high protein intake :
- Peanut Butter
- Curd and Yogurt
- Whole pulses and grains
- Mixed Seeds - Snack on sunflower, melon, pumpkin, chia and flax seeds
- Whey protein supplements which are low in fat and carbs
- Soya and Egg White (They are considered A-grade proteins as they get absorbed into the body faster)
How to increase protein intake
- Eat your protei first to ensure that your intake is not compromised.
- Protein shakes are a greay way to add extra protein to your diet.
- Lean protein source like chicken are great as they contain fewer calories.
- Vegetarian too can incorporate protein by adding beans, tofu, soy and brown rice. If you eat eggs then you can increase protein intake manifold.
- Maintaining a diary can help you keep a tab on your protein intake.
Call at: +91 8283 0000 10 or +91 98140 70870